A+ (Elementary/Jr High)
7th-8th Grade Social Studies
Best of Texas Contest's 7th-8th Grade Social Studies app provides comprehensive informative that you need to have to study for the 7th-8th Grade Social Studies contest.
The App contains hundreds of flash cards and questions covering facts about this year's topic: European Exploration and Colonization.
Texas (approx. 60%)
- Texas during the Civil War and Reconstruction
- Factors leading to secession
- Political, economic, and social effects of the Civil War
- Key events of the Civil War
- Important historical figures in Texas
- Texas Ordinance of Secession
- Presidential Proclamation Declaring a State of Peace Between Texas and the U.S.
- Account of the Battle of Palmito Ranch
The United States (25-30%)
- Causes of the Civil War
- Significant events and individuals
- Impact of slavery
- Reasons for development of the plantation system and spread of slavery
- Economic differences among different regions during the Civil War
- Consitiutional issues over states' rights
The World (10-15%)
- Concepts in Geography
- Concepts in Eonomics
- Concepts in culture